The "Boa restrictor" is a simple yet effective window device for child safety.
With an Initial 100mm opening restriction that exceeds updated BS8213, BS6375 and BS1670, thus allowing BS7412 and BS4873 compliance and total child safety.
About the Boa window restrictor:
An excellent 2 handed operation window restrictor that has been designed to avoid accidental disengaging. There are no keys required and the device automatically re-engages when the window is closed.
The added feature of the green button enhancement signifies fire egress. This restrictor fits inline with your friction hinges and also incorporates a run up block to bring the window inline with the frame when closing.
It's fully concealed so there are no unsightly attachments on the main surface of the window. The Boa Restrictor is designed to give 100mm initial restricted opening, it requires a 2 handed operation for child safety.
The restrictor automatically re-engages when sash closes and is non-key locking for emergency escape in the event of a fire.
Stainless steel load bearing parts and rigorous BS6375 testing give confidence that this high performance restrictor mechanism will offer protection in hazardous situations on frames up to 1200mm square.
For a window with the handle at the bottom the boa can be fitted to the left or right hand side, for windows with the handle on the side the boa should be fitted to the bottom.
Technical Diagram of Boa Restrictor
Measurement 1 - Stack Height
There are 2 Stack Heights available in this restrictor - 13mm or 17mm. To determine which stack height you need open the window just far enough to slip a ruler or tape measure into the groove of the frame where the window hinge sits. Measure to the edge of the sash with the window just open.
Measurement 2 - Frame Width
The other measurement you need to take is the thickness of the window frame. This is the part that holds the window in place, not the actual window. Look at the diagram below to see exactly where to measure. All measurements are in millimetres.
- Opens to approx 100mm for initial safety and ventilation.
- Handed operation avoids accidental disengaging.
- Non key operated for fire egress.
- Automatic re-engagement controlled safety.
- 600N of performance loading BS6375 exceeded.
- Can be retro-fit to update existing windows.
- Very easy to fit.
- Non profile specific - fits most systems
- 13mm or 17mm stack heights available
- 2 handed operation avoids accidental disengaging
- Non key operated - fast fire Green button option - fire safety.
- British Standards Exceeded - 50,000 endurance cycles, -600N outward force
- Local Authority Building Control approved
- Fixing screws are not included
Buy Self Drilling Hardware Screws, 3.9mm X 25mm (Countersunk Head) for Boa
Please select your choice of size from the drop down menu above.