These superior Side Hung friction stays provides quality, smooth operation, reliability and strength whilst offering excellent value-for-money.
These top quality hinges will give you improved security and weather sealing through the use of a special nylon reduced friction end cap.They have been designed to offer smooth closure and higher performance over standard window hinges.
- Supplied in pairs
- Manufactured using high-grade Austenitic and Ferretic stainless steel.
- Proven 30,000 cycle guarantee
- Improved weather sealing
- Higher security
- BBA Approved
- Available in 13mm or 17mm Stack
- Standard 18mm track width
- Fixing screws are not supplied
Buy 20 x Friction Stay Screws 4.8mm X 25mm (Stainless Steel)
Buy 20 x Self Drilling Friction Stay Screws 4.8mm X 16mm (stainless Steel)
There are two Stack Heights available in this type of hinge 13mm or 17mm. To determine which stack height you need open the window just far enough to slip a ruler or tape measure into the groove of the frame where the window hinge sits. Measure to the edge of the sash with the window just open.
How do I know if my hinges need replacing?
- When the window is closed you can still feel a draught on the side the hinge meets the frame (assuming the window gaskets are in place).
- When you close the window the hinges fail to close tightly on the hinge side.
- A bent or buckled hinge will make your window almost impossible to open and close.
- A broken plastic slider on the hinge will mean the sash will fail to hold when partly open.
- Badly corroded hinges will eventually fail and could potentially be very dangerous (we have seen many window sashes that have literally fallen out!). Replace any corroded hinges urgently.
How should I measure my hinges?
- The first measurement is the actual length of the hinge. You will need to measure the part that fixes to the window frame (not sash), please see the diagram showing where the hinge length measurements are taken from. Hinges come in the following sizes: 8 , 10, 12, 16, 20 or 24 inches long.
- The second measurement is the Stack Height, this measurement is the height of the hinge when closed, please see diagram (measure hinge stack height here). Stack heights come in two sizes 13mm or 17mm.
- The final measurement is that of the hinge width (that is the width of the metal part that fixes to the outer frame). Almost all window hinges will measure 18mm in width, however in windows that are very old the measurement could be 14mm and this hinge will not meet your requirements. Unfortunately as demand for this type of hinge is very low we are unable to stock them.
There are many different makes of hinge, our stays may appear different to your existing fittings but as long as the correct measurements of length, width and stack height are taken they will make replacement easy.
Please select your choice of sizes from the drop down menu's below.