Sparta Cranked Espag Window Handle by Trojan
With its sleek design and durable finish the Sparta 2 offset cranked espag handle is suitable for right or left handed openings. The handle will automatically lock on closing, but by pressing its simple push to release button the window can be opened. For extra security the handle can be deadlocked using the supplied key. These window handles are manufactured to industry standard measurements of 43mm centre to centre (the distance between screw centres), so you can rest assured in the knowledge that this handle will fit almost all espag and shoot-bolt systems currently available. Included with every handle is a push–fit cover, to convert the handle non–locking (e.g. for fire escape windows).
Choice of 5 colours, White, Polished Gold, Polished Chrome, Satin Silver & Black.
- Spindle Length – Choose from 15, 20, 25, 30 & 40mm
- Industry standard spindle width of 7mm Square
- Ergonomic, soft grip lever
- Fits both espag & shootbolt systems
- Industry standard 43mm screw hole centres
- Complete with a key to deadlock your handle for enhanced security and fixing screws.
- BBA Accredited
Testing and Accreditation
- Corrosion resistance on all finishes to BS EN 1670 grade 4
- Endurance tested to ES2-04. Abusive load tested to BS 6462
- BBA accredited certificate number 2755.
Product Material Specifications
- Zinc die cast components - ZL2
- Plastic parts - Nylon 66, UV stabilised ABS and ACETAL
What do I need to check before ordering a handle?
Handle Screw Hole Fixing Centres
Fortunately most espag handles are made to industry standards with 43mm between the screw hole centres, therefore it really doesn’t matter if you choose a style that's different to your existing handle, as long as the handle centres measure 43mm these handles will fit.
These handles are of the offset type, therefore you will need to select the correct handing when ordering, please see the diagram below.
The Sparta handle has a 7mm square spindle which is available in 15, 20, 25, 30 & 40mm length. The spindle is measures from the base of the handle to the end of the spindle as shown below.
What's in the pack?
1x Sparta cranked espag handle (choice of left or right hand), 2x fixing screws, 1x Screw coverplate, 1x Deadlock Key, 1x Key coverplate (converts to non locking).